In general, the French may seem to be a stark contrast to Americans, but there’s one thing we can all agree on: Nutella.
Let’s be honest, we all owe Nutella’s fame to the French and for that I am eternally grateful. But taking it a step further, this recipe takes Nutella to a whole other level.
When I saw this Nutella Waffle Cake smothered in Nutella and covered in strawberries, literally my mouth watered and I had to try it. Plus, it’s not that hard to make and you use the waffle iron you already have on hand!
This recipe calls for:
- 1 & 1/3 cup self raising flour (or use all-purpose flour and add 2 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt prior to sifting)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup superfine (caster) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz. softened butter (salted or unsalted doesn’t matter here)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil – olive, canola or vegetable
- 1 medium sized tub of Nutella
- 2 punnets of strawberries
Make it up and serve it to your friends and family. I guarantee you they’ll be begging for more.