In October of 2001, Rhonda’s sister suddenly fell extremely ill. She had stomach spasms and could barely walk. The pain was constant and unrelenting. On Rhonda’s blog, she explains how her sister had undergone several tissue and muscle biopsies. The doctors couldn’t figure out the underlying issue, and her family began to assume the worst.
Eventually, the doctors told her sister they believed she had Multiple Sclerosis. That’s when Rhonda remembered an article she’d read about aspartame. On a lark, she asked her sister if she drank diet soda. Yes, she did — in fact, she drank a lot of diet soda. Rhonda told her to stop drinking it immediately.
What happened next may seem too impossible to believe, but Rhonda has dedicated herself to spreading awareness about the dangers of aspartame as a result.
In 2001, Rhonda’s sister began experiencing severe stomach spasms and total body pain. Walking was nearly impossible. After undergoing tissue and muscle biopsies, the doctors believed she had Multiple Sclerosis.
Rhonda recalled an article she’d read about the dangers of aspartame, and happened to ask her sister if she drank a lot of diet soda. She told her she did, so Rhonda advised her to stop drinking it immediately.
“My sister called me within 32 hours after our phone conversation and told me she had stopped drinking the diet soda AND she could walk! The muscle spasms went away,” Rhonda says.
Symptoms of aspartame poisoning can include headaches, decreased vision, elevated blood pressure and dizziness. Rhonda says her sister was being poisoned by the aspartame in the diet soda. After her doctor prescribed her one pill for aspartame poisoning, her sister can finally walk again.
The Pepsi Company recently replaced its aspartame with sucralose, which is not absorbed and rather passes through the body. Some say this is a better alternative to aspartame, which indeed accumulates in the body.