When it comes to salty cravings, onion rings pretty much always top my must-eat list. But then there’s cheese. I mean, you really can’t go wrong with the savory snack…
Which is why you shouldn’t have to choose between the two. What a horrible decision to make! Luckily, with this recipe, we’ll never be forced into a terrible stalemate again.
If you need these in your life…like, yesterday, just follow these instructions.
- 2 onions
- Mozzarella slices
- Egg wash
- Panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Slice the ends off of the onions and peel them.
- Thinly slice both onions and separate the layers.
- Cut pieces of mozzarella into thin strips.
- Put a smaller onion ring inside of a bigger one and place the mozzarella slices in between.
- Put the rings on a tinfoil-covered baking sheet and freeze them for an hour.
- Dip each ring into flour, then egg wash, and panko bread crumbs (repeating the egg and panko step).
- Fry them until golden brown in oil (about five minutes).
- Dip in ketchup and devour!
watch full video below: