These are a fun and tasty treat that are quick and easy to make for snacks or your next get-together!
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
1. Cut the cheese into 8 3 1/2/x 1/2×1/2″ sticks.
2. Put flour into shallow dish and dredge the mozzarella sticks lightly in flour, shaking off the excess.
3. One by one, dip in the beaten egg, coating completely, and then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
4. Put the sticks on a plate and freeze for 15 minutes.
5. Heat a deep fryer or heavy pot to 365 in 3 inches of oil.
6. Fry the mozzarella sticks in 2 batches until golden brown, about 1 minute.
7. Drain on paper towels and serve with hot marinara sauce.